Only in server env: Unable to load DLL 'spssio32.dll': The specified module could not be found.

Feb 21, 2011 at 3:22 AM

I've been trying to solve this problem for days now. Everything works fine when I run it on Windows 7 but not on Windows Server 2003 or 2008. I've tested two windows 7 boxes (both fine) but both servers failed with this error. I've tried messing with permissions, to no avail. Any suggestions?

Unable to load DLL 'spssio32.dll': The specified module could not be found.

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2011 at 3:26 AM

Have you read this post?

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:15 AM

Yes but no solution was really available. However! As is always the case when I reach out to the community for assistance, I immediately solved my own problem. Here was the solution.

I used DependencyWalker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) to see the exact files that were being used on the computer that it worked on, and realized that I had to include the following DLL's:

MSVCP71.dll

MSVCR71.dll

LINKINFO.dll

IESHIMS.dll

although I think the last two are not required. I had to find these on the computer where it worked and make  sure I copied them over to the windows server box.

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:59 PM
if it is IIS hosted application, you should enable 32bits application in the pool.