Not able to load SPSS.dll in a from a windows service in 64 bit machine

Oct 24, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Hi,

I used the SPSS.dll which uses spss32.dll to create a project which generates SPSS files. The project works great when referenced from both web app and windows service in 32 bit machine but works only from web app in the 64 bit machine. The windows service throws the exception that SPSS.dll is in wrong format and cannot be loaded. Already placed all the SPSS relevant dlls in WOW64 but with no success! Was wondering how the web app works but why not the windows service? What am I missing?

Cheers,

Sam.

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Hi Sam,

Did you found a solution? I got the same problem.

Mathieu

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Edited Feb 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Yes, I placed all the SPSS related dlls at the same path where the windows service was installed, then ran regsvr on all those dlls at that location (not at WOW64) and then it worked like a trick!

Hope this helps.

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Thanks for your answer.

My problem is that it works fine on my local machine (win 7 64bit and XP 32). But when i deploy the application on the remote machine of my hosting provider (running on 64 bit windows) it fails and generate error messages.

I can’t update or changes settings on this server as you understand. So I try to find 64 bit dll's to run this excellent program.

Mathieu

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Ah!! Thought u were asking about the FTPS intially..Did you look at the answer I provided in the discussion board for your question? You might have to run regsvr at the location where you service is installed.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM, mathieus <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks for your answer.

My problem is that it works fine on my local machine (win 7 64bit and XP 32). But when i deploy the application on the remote machine of my hosting provider (running on 64 bit windows) it fails and generate error messages.

I can’t update or changes settings on this server as you understand. So I try to find 64 bit dll's to run this excellent program.

Mathieu

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (spss@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email spss@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Sam.
Apr 11, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Hi,

Bit late, but IBM has created a x64 version of the spssio dll (they seem to have bought spss and issues a free set of dll's for those able to find them ;-).

I've uploaded code to support both and dynamically load either the 32 or 64 bits version dependend on the application and OS (see the issues tab).

wvd_vegt

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:58 PM
if it is IIS hosted application, you should enable 32bits application in the pool.