spssio32 unicode support

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:26 PM
Hello,

I am using the .Net interop library now that it support unicode and codepages?

Mark
Apr 22, 2009 at 6:50 AM
Hi Mark,
I am afraid it doesn't support unicode chars since the current version is based on the older version of spssio32.dll (SPSS version 12). I believe that unicode support came with higher version of SPSS. It should be recompiled (partialy rewritten) in order to cooperate with higher version of spssio32.dll, I am afraid.

Cheers,

Petr
Apr 22, 2009 at 1:59 PM
Hi Petr,

I am in the process of rewriting to accomodate Unicode and perhaps I have the incorrect SPSSIO32.DLL.  I have v17 of SPSS and thought the lates DLL.  By any chance do you know what the latest version is and where to get it?

Cheers,
Mark
Apr 22, 2009 at 2:56 PM
Hi Mark,
It would be great if you can share your module once you finish it. Many thanks in advance:)

I am sorry I can't help you since I am still using version 12 and so have only this version of the file. But I found another version which is distributed with version 14 and 15 of SPSS. (http://dev.zizkovi.name/developer.zip). Maybe this version is able to read unicode chars since I believe this feature was introduced in SPSS 15?

Petr

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:06 PM
Thanks Petr.  I will share the module once completed.  I will also follow-up on the link you provided. 

Cheers,
mark
Jul 31, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Hi Mark,

Just wondering whether you were successful in rewriting a module to be able to work with new version of SPSS IO?

Cheers,

Petr

Jul 31, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Hello Petr,

I was just discussing our interactions yesterday with a colleague and the policy on sharing the code.  Yes I did successfully use the new SPSS IO to read SAV files.  Our system had done this previously but it was written in C# and did not support Unicode data sets, the point of the whole exercise and SPSS IO update.  All I had to do was make sure the local server was  using the Unicode page, 65001.

Cheers,

Mark

Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 4:18 AM
To: Mark Thatcher
Subject: Re: spssio32 unicode support [spss:54050]

Hi Mark,

Just wondering whether you were successful in rewriting a module to be able to work with new version of SPSS IO?

Cheers,

Petr

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (spss@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email spss@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com