Best Way to Install on VS2010

May 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Hi,

Can someone advise the best way to set up the SPSS wrapper in a new VS 2010 project?

This I know this is similar to an earlier thread on VS2005 & Win 2008 server but the solutions there don't seem to work. I suspect the problem relates to how I'm running setup so any insight/pointers would help.

I have been using the wrapper on a Win7 machine using VS2010 for a couple of years and need to migrate to VS2010 on a Win8 machine. After transferring all the directories, DLLs and making sure they were in the Windows/System32 directory I receive the dreaded "Unable to load DLL 'spssio32.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)" when I run one of the transferred solutions. When I run another solution on the same machine it runs successfully. Both versions run on the original Win7 machine.

I suspect my problems may relate to the way I just copied the wrapper last time into my projects/solutions. I am now wanting to start again on the new machine, installing the wrapper so it's accessible from multiple projects. If I was to start again what is the easiest and most reliable way to access the wrapper in VS2010? Eg download the swinstanley fork, compile the SPSS project to dll then add a reference to that dll in my new projects? Will the SPSS wrapper then handle the SPSS dll management issues.

Can someone provide a simple set of steps that has worked for them please?

Syd